With spring upon us, we naturally think of celebrating our favourite planet – Earth! These resources will help your students participate in Earth Day type activities.
- Earth’s Natural Resources (Clicker 5/6) – This activity will help students learn and write about how we use Earth’s natural resources for our survival.
- Let’s Make Compost (Clicker 6) – Students can use this sequencing activity to learn how to make compost.
- Recycling (Clicker 5/6) – Students can use this activity to write a story about how recycling helps Planet Earth.
Accessible Books – available through ARC-BC
- Ancient Ones: The World of the Old-Growth Douglas Fir by Barbara Bash (PPS)
- Fancy Nancy: Every Day is Earth Day by Jane O’Connor (PPS)
- Taking Care of Mother Earth by Leanne Flett Kruger (CLKX 6, MP3, PPS)
- The Giving Tree by Leah Dorion (CLKX 6, PPS)
If you or your team has made a curriculumSET or pictureSET resource based on Earth Day, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. BC educators are looking for new activities!