G Suite for Education, formerly known as Google Apps for Education (GAFE), is a set of educational tools, or apps, available on Google Cloud. Apps are mini-programs that operate in the browser, whereas extensions are software programs that operate within the browser. These tools allow both educators and students to work on tasks on any device and from any place. The core apps in the G Suite package allow users to create, communicate, and collaborate in real-time within a flexible environment. These apps operate in the Chrome Web Browser with a sign-in Google user.
G Suite for Education
G Suite includes many tools; however, the top 5 apps for educators and students as identified in this resource, are:
The app that provides access to and stores the created products is the Google Drive.
- G Suite Apps, Implementation Strategies and Resources
- G Suite and UDL
- Google Docs Classroom Implementation Ideas
- Google Classroom – a SET-BC Resource
- Google Chrome Extensions that Support Struggling Readers and Writers – a SET-BC Resource
- G Suite for Education Presentation Notes
- Google Drive – Sharing your Files
- Google Drive – Converting an Image to a Google Doc
- Google Drive – Converting a PDF to a Google Doc