This online course is intended to introduce the first-time user to Cricksoft’s Clicker 7 software and how to use it as a tool for inclusion in the classroom. Beginning with a general introduction to Clicker 7, the platforms on which it is available and the multiplicity of learners that it is intended to support, the course continues through all the major functions of the program giving examples of how it could be used to support students in an inclusive classroom setting.
From language development to literacy to Mathematics and Science content, Social Studies and social skills, Clicker 7 can be configured to support a wide variety of content and allows access to a wide variety of users. There are 13 modules to the course ranging in length from 4 to 14 minutes. The modules are meant to be followed in order as the skills build from module to module and rely on the user understanding each segment before moving onto the next.
Module 1 - Introduction to Clicker 7
Module 3 - Clicker 7 Word Processor
Clicker 7’s supportive Word Processor provides visual supports in the form of pictures above words, in word prediction and spell-check, as well as audio/read-back support, magnification supports and the new voice-note and word pool supports among many others.
Module 4 - Adding Larger Picture Prompts to Word Processor Documents
Engage students with the variety of ways in which Clicker 7 will add larger pictures to documents whether to illustrate student writing or as a prompt to motivate output. Clicker 7 allows for inserting pictures in several fun and innovative ways.
Module 5 - Making a Clicker Board
Clicker Board is a feature that is brand new in Clicker 7. Web words and ideas with picture, word prediction and on-screen keyboard supports. Colour code to group and organize concepts and turn all student-generated words and ideas into word and picture banks for future writing endeavours.
- How to Format Objects on a Clicker Board from Cricksoft
- How to Add Text to a Clicker Board from Cricksoft
- How to Add or Remove Pictures on a Clicker Board from Cricksoft
- How to Resize and Link Objects on a Clicker Board from Cricksoft
- How Create a Word or Picture Bank from a Clicker Board from Cricksoft
- How to Use Speech and Voice Notes on a Clicker Board from Cricksoft
Module 6 - Making a Book
Making a book in Clicker 7 has never been easier. Now that Clicker 7’s making a book interface echoes that of the Clicker Book app, you can easily create talking (or non-talking books that can be shared in the Clicker Book app or full computer program). Let students show what they know using word prediction and word bank supports.
Module 7 - Sample Activities in Clicker 7
Module 8 - Make a Clicker Set
Clicker 7 provides several quick and easy-to-use activity creation wizards. Explore and try making a Sentence Set, Connect Set, Word Bank, Clicker Board and more.
Module 9 - Clicker 6 Templates
Explore further quick and easy-to-create activities such as making a talk set for students who prefer to tell rather than to write, or a matching set to teach and reinforce vocabulary and new concepts.
Module 10 - Make a Custom Clicker Set
For those who wish to dive deeper, learn how to navigate edit mode in Clicker 7 in order to create a custom activity set. The possibilities are limited only by creativity and imagination.
- How to Add, Arrange and Delete Objects in a Custom Set from Cricksoft
- How to Add, Edit or Delete Text in the Cell of a Custom Set from Cricksoft
- How to Add Pictures to Cells in a Custom Set from Cricksoft
- How to Edit the Appearance of a Cell in a Custom Set from Cricksoft
- How to Edit the Sending Properties of a Custom Set from Cricksoft
Module 11 - Downloading Free Resources from Cricksoft
Cricksoft, the developer of the Clicker programs, offers pre-made activities through LearningGrids to support age-levels from three to adult and a wide variety of content areas from Arts, through Geography, Literature and Science themes and much more.
Module 12 - Downloading Resources from SET-BC's resourceSET
Module 13 - Alternate Access in Clicker 7
Clicker 7 permits inclusivity of all students allowing alternate access features, switches and scanning, and, new in Clicker 7, access via mouse dwell/eye-gaze. An introduction to the access features of Clicker 7 is presented here in Module 13.
- 25 Ideas for Using Clicker in the Classroom
- SET-BC Clicker 7 in the Secondary Classroom
- How to Open Clicker Sets in a Clicker App from Cricksoft
- How to Register Your Own Picture Folders from Cricksoft
- How to Use the Word Pool from Cricksoft
- How to Create Classes and Users from Cricksoft
- Moving from Clicker 6 to Clicker 7