With the cool days of fall coming soon, you may be looking for some technology-based resources to support student learning. Take a moment to check out a few examples of our autumn-themed student resources currently available in pictureSET and curriculumSET!
- 7 Level Communication Builder (October) – A Boardmaker 6 page created for the 7 level Communication Builder. There are 16 buttons for students to talk about the October holidays.
- Carve a Pumpkin – Visual steps for carving a pumpkin. (In Boardmaker and pdf format.)
- Fall Bingo – Bingo board games with cards to assist in identifying fall vocabulary including Thanksgiving. Print duplicate or triplicate copies of bingo cards to play “Go Fish” or “Rummy.” (In Boardmaker and pdf format.)
- Halloween Counting – This Clicker Grid Set is a unit of activities designed to support Early Learners who are learning about numbers and counting from 1 – 10.
- Pumpkin Patch – Vocabulary in one and a half inch size boards, useful for a field trip to a pumpkin patch. Available in both Boardmaker and pdf format.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner – A Clicker grid set that teaches Thanksgiving dinner words, in Clicker format.
And some accessible books available through ARC-BC:
- Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell (pps) – In preparation for Halloween night and trick-or-treating, a family visits Mr. Comstock’s farm to pick apples and pumpkins.
- In November by Cynthia Rylant (clkb, clkx, kes, pdf, ppsx) – Describes the autumn activities and traditions that November’s cooling temperatures bring.
- Thanks for Thanksgiving by Heather Patterson (Pictello, pps) – Thanks for the golden trees. Thanks for the crunch of leaves . . . Fall is a time of blue skies and apple pies, playing in leaves and sun-dappled trees. Thanks for Thanksgiving’s joyful text and vibrant colours are a feast that celebrates Canada’s most glorious season.