SET-BC is a Ministry of Education Provincial Resource Program established to assist school districts in educating students who require or would benefit from using technology to access the curriculum.
- Collaborates with BC school district teams to provide professional development opportunities focused on the use of technology to support diverse learners in the classroom
- Assists school districts in training district and school teams on specific technologies used to support their students’ access to educational programs
- Lends assistive technologies (participation, communication and learning tools) to BC school districts to support their student’ access to educational programs.
SET-BC services to school districts include these components:
- Consultation and collaboration
- Professional Development and Training
- Student and Classroom Resources
- Technology Loans
SET-BC allocates services to school districts based on:
- Annual budget and staffing levels
- Annual Districts’ Request for Service
SET-BC services are provided in collaboration and partnership with British Columbia school districts.
- District Partners play a key role in coordinating SET-BC services in their districts. School team members who have any questions about the SET-BC process should contact their District Partner for information and support.