This resource demonstrates how AAC systems can be used to create text and then export it for writing. This allows individuals who have written output challenges to create content which can be written into a software program or app. This process can be used with a wide variety of devices and software and can be used by individuals with significant physical as well as intellectual challenges.
The presentation describes the importance of writing and demonstrates with accompanying student videos how a variety of AAC systems can be configured to write.
The demonstrations and tutorials provide step by step instructions on how to configure a variety of AAC devices for writing.
- Using the Accent to Write in WordPad: – (229 Kb PDF)
- Using ProLoquo2Go to Write into Pictello – (944 Kb PDF)
- Using TouchChatHD with WordPower to Write into Pages – (317 Kb PDF)
- Using TouchChatHD to Write into Pictello – (1006 Kb PDF)
- Dynovox: Writing With Series V Software – (514 Kb PDF)
- Writing with Tobii Communicator 4 – (199 Kb PDF)
- Writing with the Vantage – (199 Kb PDF)
- TouchChat App – Information and support for TouchChat
- AssistiveWare – Information and support for Proloquo2Go and Pictello
- DynaVox Technologies – Information and support for Maestro
- Inman Innovations, Inc. – Information and resources for WordPower
- Tobii Technology – Information and support for Tobii Communicator 4
- Prentke Romich Company – Support for the Accent 1200 notebook functions