SET-BC has spooktacular Hallowe’en activities for students using assistive technologies or software. Over the past few years our web of Hallowe’en based student resources has grown to include many different types of learning activities.
These activities, like all our student resources, have been contributed by BC educators around the province or developed by SET-BC provincial and regional consultants. We have accessible books and Clicker 5, Classroom Suite, Boardmaker Studio activities that use the Hallowe’en theme to help students develop their literacy skills.
And, for those students who need communication support, we have many communication boards which can be downloaded and printed just in time for those ghoulish days before and after the big event. If thinking about creating a Hallowe’en activity from scratch makes you want to SCREAM, check these out before night falls…
Accessible Books (Hallowe’en and generally scary!) These resources are available on the ARC-BC website.
- Froggy’s Halloween by Jonathan London (PowerPoint and Pictello for iPad)
- Where’s the Halloween Treat by Harriet Ziefert (PowerPoint)
- There’s a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer (PowerPoint)
- One Witch by Laura Leuck (PowerPoint)
- A Ghost Story by Bill Martin Jr (PowerPoint)
- Ghost Train by Paul Yee (PowerPoint)
- Search for Boardmaker Studio, Classroom Suite, Clicker 5 and ClickerPaint Hallowe’en activities
(Select curriculumSET Resources from the search options pulldown menu and enter the term “Halloween” into search field)
- Search for Hallowe’en communication boards, activities and songs using picture communication symbols
(Select pictureSET Resources from the search options pulldown menu and enter the term “Halloween” into search field)