SET-BC loans technology to school based teams in BC school districts based on classroom or student needs identified during our Collaborative Action Plan (CAP) process. We also provide short term loans to district teams of complex technologies for trial and assessment purposes. We provide long and short term loans of the following types of technologies:
- Access—Switch technology, alternate input devices, text-to-speech / speech-to-text software, word prediction software and computing devices provide support for students who have difficulty accessing their curriculum due to a physical challenge
- Communication—Alternative or Augmentative Communication (AAC) devices and software / iOS apps provide support for students who have communication challenges
- Differentiation—Computing devices with software / iOS apps that support alternate formats and a variety of presentation methods can provide support for students needing to acquire content and represent their learning at their level
- Learning—Computing devices with software / iOS apps that support students’ acquisition of content and representation of their learning
- Vision—Magnification or braille software and hardware can assist students struggling with vision loss to access their curriculum and course materials and demonstrate their learning
The technology directory will include information and resources to assist school based teams in choosing, implementing and supporting SET-BC loaned technology with students in the classroom setting.