SET-BC Technology Support
The SET-BC Technical Support Team provides equipment repair, maintenance, parts and technical support for assistive technologies provided through the SET-BC Loan Bank and the CAYA program. School teams or clients requiring technical support or repairs for SET-BC or CAYA technology must contact the SETdesk for a technology support job number and instructions BEFORE shipping the technology into the Provincial Centre. SETdesk will provide you with detailed procedures and the necessary documentation needed to return any SET-BC or CAYA technology.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Pacific)
Toll Free in BC: 1-866-SETdesk (1-866-738-3375)
Local Calls: 604-269-2222
Address: 105-1750 West 75th Avenue, Vancouver B.C. V6P 6G2
If there is a maintenance or repair issue with SET-BC technology, please call the SET-BC Support Desk at 1-866-738-3375 (lower mainland 604-269-2222), or email email@example.com. Many problems can be dealt with over the phone or by email, and the SET-BC technical support team can provide teams with troubleshooting suggestions. School teams or clients may also use the Support Request Form to request assistance from the SET-BC SET-DESK support team. To ensure the best possible support for your technology issue, please provide all requested information when submitting the form.
In the event that that a piece of SET-BC technology is lost or damaged, the school team will need to complete an incident report – please contact your SET-BC consultant for this form.
Tips When Contacting SETdesk
- Before calling SETdesk, please check all relevant help files and, if possible, software updates and hardware drivers.
- When calling SETdesk, have the name of the student or client, SET-BC / CAYA equipment ID# and details of the problem available. It is most helpful if you can describe the exact steps that caused the problem and/or any steps that have been taken to remedy the issue.
- Whenever possible, have the equipment at hand and software CD’s available.
- Technology returned to the SET-BC Provincial Centre in Vancouver for repair or replacement typically requires 15 days for repair/replacement and return shipping.
- Please print our “Keeping You Going” SET-BC technical support card and keep it with the technology for reference.
Software Upgrade Requests
School teams or clients who would like to upgrade their SET-BC software must contact their SET-BC consultant to determine upgrade eligibility and for information on the upgrade process.
The SET-BC technical support team provides technical support only for SET-BC / CAYA technology loans. If you have any questions or require training on how to use the loaned technology (e.g. how to use software or a device), please search our SET-BC Learning Centre for web-based training resources or contact your SET-BC / CAYA consultant for other training support options.