Executive Functioning Module 3: Mindfulness Strategies
Learning Level: Elementary School
Learning Level: Middle School
Learning Level: Primary School
About this Resource
These Mindfulness Strategies created by School District 71 – in Boardmaker and PDF formats – are visual tools that can help students be mindful. Evidence tells us that mindfulness strategies help us with emotional control and overall well-being.
01. 3 Step Calm Down Routines – 1×1, 2×2 and 8×10 – These visuals can help students calm down.
02. Breathing Choices – 1×1, 2×2 and 4×4 – Belly breathing is a tool that promotes activation of the calming response (via the parasympathetic nervous system.) Practice belly breathing with both hands over the navel to be sure the diaphragm is moving with each breath. The belly should expand with each inhalation and collapse with each exhalation.
- File Name Format File Size Action
- 01 3 Step Calm Down Routine 1×1 .pdf 101 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- 01 3 Step Calm Down Routine 2×2 .pdf 65 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- 01 3 Step Calm Down Routine 48×10 .pdf 51 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- 02 Breathing Choices 1×1 .pdf 230 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- 02 Breathing Choices 2×2 .pdf 110 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- 02 Breathing Choices 4×4 .pdf 89 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab