Solar System Word Banks
Learning Level: Elementary School
Learning Level: Primary School
About this Resource
These Clicker grids provide word banks to support the writing of students learning about our solar system. Solar System A-Z provides an alphabetic word bank of all things related to the Solar System. While the Earth, Sun, Moon word bank provides separate word banks for each of the Earth, Sun and Moon specifically.
Curricular Content: Extreme environments exist on Earth and in the solar system.
Curricular competency: Communicate ideas, explanations, and processes in a variety of ways.
Created by Colin Cheng and Josh Campbell.
Under BC’s new curriculum (2016): Science 6: the position, motion, and components of our solar system in our galaxy English 1-6: Language features, structures, and conventions.
Also provided is a sample of a resulting Clicker Document file that was created using this Clicker Docs template by Monica Lee of SET-BC. It is entitled "Solar System Word Grids Introduction Document."
(Please note that direct download of Clicker app files from the Internet to iPads is not currently possible. To open these files in Clicker apps on an iPad, one must use Mail, AirDrop or Crick-approved cloud file hosting services such as DropBox, Google Drive, or OneDrive. For instructions on how to enable file sharing through these services please see Crick’s tutorial here.)
- File Name Format File Size Action
- Earth Sun Moon Word Bank .clkd 18 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- Earth Sun Moon Word Bank .clkx 24 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- Solar System A-Z .clkd 51 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- Solar System A-Z .clkx 57 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab
- Solar System Word Grids (Introduction) Document .cdoc 3 KB Download Open – Opens in new tab