Connections Canada: Salmon Canneries
Learning Level: Elementary School
About this Resource
In this gridset, the student will learn and write about the importance of salmon to British Columbians. The content for this gridset has been extracted from Connections Canada: Outlooks 5, Chapter 10.
This activity supports the BC Ministry of Education PLO for Literacy Foundations – Social Studies(2010) K-7: Human and Physical Environment:
– assess the environmental impact of human activities, including: energy production and use, forestry, fishing, mining, agriculture, waste disposal, water use
It also supports the Ministry’s Prescribed Learning Outcomes for Social Studies – Human and Physical Environment and Sustainability for Grade 5:
– identify significant natural resources in BC and Canada
– define and give examples of renewable resources
– speculate on potential consequences of non-sustainable practices in resource use
– give examples of how people can demonstrate stewardship of resources and environments
Created by Kathy Ryan.
For fun activities go to: http://www.goldseal.ca/kids/homepage.Asp
Under BC’s new curriculum (2016):
Social Studies 5: resources and economic development in different regions of Canada
Please Note: These files can only be downloaded on desktop. Visit the SET-BC website on a desktop computer to access them.