The SET-BC Technical Support Team provides equipment repair, maintenance, parts and technical support for technologies provided through the SET-BC Loan Bank. School teams requiring technical support or repairs for SET-BC technology should follow their districts’ IT policies and procedures for obtaining technical support. If those procedures involve contacting SET-BC for support, the district or school team member responsible for coordinating the technology implementation must contact SET-DESK for a technology support job number and instructions BEFORE shipping the technology in to the Provincial Centre. This is also necessary if a piece of SET-BC loaned equipment is being returned to the Loan Bank for any other reasons. SET-DESK will provide you with the detailed instructions and necessary documentation (including courier information) needed to return any SET-BC technology to the Loan Bank. If a team member chooses to return SET-BC loaned equipment without first contacting SET-DESK for this information, the school will bear the shipping costs.
As SET-BC’s mandate is to provide technology services to BC school districts and independent schools, we are unable to offer technical support directly to parents and students, or provide direct support for the use of SET-BC equipment outside of schools. Parents, students, and other non-school personnel requiring assistance with SET-BC equipment, must contact their school-based team for assistance and technical support coordination. Parents who contact SETdesk directly will be asked to call their school based team for assistance.
For other inquiries not related to technical support for SET-BC equipment – for example, if you need assistance with training related issues on the SET-BC software or hardware – please contact your SET-BC consultant directly.
- SETdesk Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Pacific)
- Toll Free in BC: 1-866-SETdesk (1-866-738-3375)
- Local Calls: 604-269-2222
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 105-1750 West 75th Avenue, Vancouver B.C. V6P 6G2
If there is a maintenance or repair issue with SET-BC loan technology, district or school team members are asked to contact SETdesk using the contact information listed above. Many problems can be dealt with over the phone or by email, and the SET-BC technical support team can provide teams with troubleshooting suggestions. School team members may also use the Support Request Form to request assistance from the SETdesk support team. To ensure the best possible support for your technology issue, please provide all requested information when submitting the form.
In the event that that a piece of SET-BC technology is lost or damaged, the school team will be asked to complete an incident report – please contact your SET-BC consultant for this form.
Tips When Contacting SETdesk
- Before calling SETdesk, please check all relevant help files and, if possible, software updates and hardware drivers are installed.
- When calling SETdesk, have the SET-BC equipment SET-ID # (yellow bar code sticker) and the details of the problem available. The SET-BC technician will ask specific questions about what sequence of steps was followed, what error messages are showing, and so on, to try and find a solution quickly. The more information you can give the technician at the time of the call, the more supportive he or she can be.
- Whenever possible, have the equipment at hand and software installation files/media available.
- Technology returned to the SET-BC Provincial Centre in Vancouver for repair or replacement typically requires 15 days for repair/replacement and return shipping. If the technology must be returned to the vendor for repair, this timeline may expand considerably. In the event that repairs/replacements may take significant time, school team members are asked to discuss possible options with their SET-BC consultant.
Software Upgrade Requests
School teams or clients who would like to upgrade their SET-BC loaned software must contact their SET-BC consultant to determine upgrade eligibility and for information on the upgrade process. If the software was obtained through PSAP, please contact the PSAP support staff for information on how to acquire upgrades to PSAP software.
The SET-BC technical support team provides technical support for SET-BC technology loans. If you have any questions or require training on how to use the loaned technology (e.g. how to use software or a device), please contact your SET-BC consultant or our SETconcierge for all available training support options.