The Math Synergy Project stream brought together a group of classroom teachers to explore innovative ways to support numeracy with their students. Classroom teachers submitted applications to SET-BC outlining their goals in numeracy education. Working with a SET-BC Educator, the classroom teachers met monthly via teleconference or Zoom during the latter part of the 2019-2020 school year to discuss and reflect on teaching practices.
After Spring Break, schools underwent a remarkable change to online and remote learning to respond to the global pandemic. The Math Synergy group continued to meet and conversations shifted to reflect the new challenge of engaging students using a variety of online tools. Many of the student and teacher products included here are illustrations of the creativity and flexibility of the teachers in this group.
Bowen Island Community School
Andrea Layzell teaches at the Bowen Island Community School on Bowen Island.
- Bowen Island Project Outcome Report for SET-BC
- Nurturing Wonder, Curiosity and Joy In the Mathematics Classroom
- Exponents Splat
- Lesson 2 Algebra Multiplication Division
- Lesson 3 Algebra Solving Equations
- Math Extension Grade 6 Highly Encouraged
- Lesson 1 Graphing Week 9 (Bar Graph)
- Lesson 2 Graphing Week 9 (Bar Graph)
- Lesson 3 Graphing Week 9 (Bar Graph)
- Graphing Week 9 All Lessons (Bar Graph)
Sk’aadgaa Naay Elementary
Tricia Querengesser teaches Grade 3/4 at Skaadgaa Naay Elementary on Haida Gwaii.