SET-BC Service Delivery Process
SET-BC is a Ministry of Education Provincial Resource Program established to assist school districts in educating students whose access to the curriculum is restricted primarily due to the following disabilities:
- physical disabilities or chronic health impairments
- visual impairments
- dependent handicaps
- autism spectrum disorders
- moderate to profound intellectual disabilities
- Lends assistive technologies (reading, writing & communication tools) to ensure students’ access to educational programs.
- Assists school districts in training students & educators to use these technologies.
SET-BC services to school districts include 4 key components:
- Technology Loans
SET-BC allocates services to school districts based on:
- Budget and staffing
- Number of eligible students reported in each district.
SET-BC services are provided in partnership with British Columbia school districts.
- District Partners play a key role in coordinating SET-BC services in their districts. School team members who have any questions about the SET-BC process should contact their District Partner for information and support.