SET-BC has holly jolly activities for students using assistive technologies or software. Over the past few years our festive tree of winter and Christmas themed student resources has grown to include many different types of learning activities. These activities, like all our student resources, have been contributed by BC educators around the province or developed by SET-BC provincial and regional consultants.
We have accessible books and activities for such programs as Clicker 5, Classroom Suite, and Boardmaker Studio that use the winter and/or Christmas theme to help students develop their literacy skills. And, for those students who need communication support, we have many communication boards which can be downloaded and printed just in time for the ho-ho-holidays.
These resources are available on the ARC-BC website.
- 50 Below Zero by Robert Munsch (PowerPoint)
- 50 Below Zero with Comprehension Questions by Robert Munsch (Clicker 5)
- Barney’s Christmas Eve by Stephen White (Powerpoint)
- Bear’s White Christmas by Rozanne Williams (Powerpoint)
- First Day of Winter by Denise Fleming (Powerpoint)
- On my Walk Through Winter Woods by Dale Gardner-Fox (Intellipics Studio)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss (Pictello)
- Search for Boardmaker Studio, Classroom Suite, Clicker 5 and ClickerPaint Christmas and winter activities
(Select curriculumSET Resources from the search options pulldown menu and enter the term “Christmas” or “Winter” into search field)
- Search for winter communication boards, activities and songs using picture communication symbols
(Select pictureSET Resources from the search options pulldown menu and enter the term “Christmas” or “Winter” into search field)